Send cash to more than 200 countries worldwide within minutes.
With MoneyGram™ from FNB it’s easier than ever to send and receive money. It’s quick, easy and safe to get cash to your friends and family around the world; and available to anyone with an FNB account.
You can do a MoneyGram™ transaction at any FNB Branch, FNB ATM or via FNB Cellphone Banking.
How to get started with MoneyGram™ from FNB
You can use an existing, qualifying FNB account or easily open a qualifying FNB account. To open an account, please remember to bring proof of identification, permits (if applicable) and proof of residence.
How to do a MoneyGram™ transaction at an FNB branch
To send money
- Visit FNB and bring proof of identification.
- Ensure you have the beneficiary’s full name and the country you will be sending money to on hand.
- An FNB consultant will assist you to complete an electronic send form (including a personal 10-word message when possible).
- Receive a reference number.
- Give the reference number to the person you are sending money to and in a short while the money will be ready for them to collect at any MoneyGram™ agent in that country.
To receive money
- Ask the person sending you money to give you the reference number.
- Visit an FNB branch and bring proof of identification.
- An FNB consultant will assist you to complete an electronic receive form and you will be given the money in your local currency.
MoneyGram™ is available anytime, anywhere via ATM and Cellphone Banking.
Load your recipients in-branch and next time send cash using MoneyGram™ via Cellphone Banking or from any FNB ATM. Transactions via Cellphone Banking and ATM can only be done to pre-loaded beneficiaries.
How to do a MoneyGram™ send transaction via ATM:
Insert your card at the ATM, key in your PIN, choose ‘More Options’, select ‘Send or Receive Money’ and then follow the prompts below:
- Select ‘MoneyGram™ Send’.
- Read and accept the MoneyGram™ terms and conditions displayed.
- Select relevant option: ‘Send Gift’ or ‘Send Salary’.
- SA Residents can send and receive money as a Gift. Select ‘Send Gift’ option.
- Foreign Nationals can send and receive money as a Salary or Gift.
- Select the beneficiary.
- Select the service option (currency the beneficiary should receive).
- Select the fee option.
- Key in the amount to be sent.
- Select the account to send the money from.
- Enter your cell number.
- Verify the information on screen and ‘Proceed’.
- The quote screen displays the exchange rate, fee and amount to be debited from your account. The quote is valid for two minutes. Click on the ‘Accept’ button.
You have now completed the MoneyGram™ send transaction. You will now receive the reference via SMS.
You can also receive money using MoneyGram™ via an FNB ATM; simply enter the 8-digit reference number and follow the on-screen prompts.
How to do a MoneyGram™ transaction via Cellphone Banking:
- Dial 120321#
- Enter your 5-digit PIN
- Select Option 2 (Banking)
- Select Option 4 (Payments)
- Select Option 5 (MoneyGram™)
Select 1 – to send a gift, or
Select 3 – to receive a gift.
For foreign nationals
Select 1 – to send a gift, or
Select 2 – to send a salary, or
Select 3 – to receive a gift, or
Select 4 – to receive a salary.
You will receive the request to select your beneficiary details and follow the prompts to complete the transaction.
Receive Money - MoneyGram™ via Cellphone Banking
Enter the 8-digit MoneyGram™ reference number as received from the sender and follow the prompts to complete the transaction.
Limits apply to single, daily and monthly transfers. Please speak to your branch for more information regarding the transaction limits and the currencies available in the receiving country.
The cost will depend on the amount of money that you are sending.
Enquire from a teller about the cost of sending money using MoneyGram™ or alternatively you can view the MoneyGram™ tiered pricing structure on the FNB Pricing guide on www.fnb.co.za
MoneyGram™ services cannot be used to send money within South Africa or to CMA countries (Lesotho, Namibia or Swaziland).
Do not send money to someone you do not know or for any of the following reasons:
- Lottery winnings
- Purchasing of a vehicle
- Online purchases
- Banking facilities
- Online romance
- To secure accommodation bookings
- To secure employment